Thursday, May 19, 2011

Family First: Carpio said that one major benefit of being mom to sextuplets is six times the Mother's Day smooches. "They gave me so many kisses that it made me cry of happiness," she said. "I'm so thankful."


Digna Carpio celebrates Mother's Day with her 2-year-old sextuplets and 10-year-old son

BY Erica Pearson, DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Originally published by the Daily News, Monday, May 9th 2011

Now that all of her sextuplets can say "Mama," it was an extra special Mother's Day for Queens mom Digna Carpio.

"Every day I feel more happy - as they grow, my joy grows," said Carpio, 33, after cuddling with her six lovable toddlers - all in their terrible twos.

"I thank God that they're all happy and healthy," said Carpio. Her brood gave her a bunch of red roses on her special day.

Then the family - 2-year-olds Danelia, Genesis, Justin, Jaden, Joel and Jezreel, 10-year-old brother Jhan Carlos and dad Victor - piled into their van for church. The adorable six were a wriggling bunch at the Tabernaculo de Jesucristo service in Corona.

As one fell, another asked for water and all cried out for "Mama" in a chorus. "They walk, they run - and they do fight a lot!" laughed Carpio. "They all want one toy at once."

Digna, 33, and Victor, 37, a maintenance worker, are believed to be the first Hispanic parents of sextuplets in U.S. history. The Ecuadoran immigrant family has become famous - starring in a TLC series called "Sextuplets Take New York."

Carpio said that one major benefit of being mom to sextuplets is six times the Mother's Day smooches. "They gave me so many kisses that it made me cry of happiness," she said. "I'm so thankful."

No comments: